Relias Healthcare is seeking a Staff Accountant that is interested in working in a fast-paced and rapidly growing company. Relias Healthcare prides itself on a driven, but healthy office culture that keeps work-life balance at its forefront.
The purpose of the Staff Accountant is to be responsible for a variety of general accounting, bookkeeping, and clerical tasks on a full-time basis for Relias Healthcare (RH). The Staff Accountant must possess a focus on accuracy and attention to detail. This position will work side-by-side with the operations team to support the vision and growth of Relias Healthcare.
Duties and responsibilities
- Support a growing organization through diligent stewardship of the organization’s resources.
- Provide accounting, clerical, and general support to the accounting, data, and administrative teams.
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings, bank reconciliations, and financial statements with the assistance of the Chief Financial Officer.
- Reconcile accounts on a monthly basis in accordance with the RH close schedule.
- Enter bank data on a daily/weekly basis into financial software.
- Calculate Payroll on a weekly/monthly basis with the assistance of the RH human resources team.
- Update and maintain accounting journals, ledgers and other financial records via the accounting software.
- Verify, process, and pay invoices in a timely manner.
- Review, research, track and validate accounting or documentation problems.
- Function in accordance with established standards, RH procedures, and applicable laws.
- Assist the administrative team in other operational or financial tasks as the organization grows.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to engage in each essential duty adequately and efficiently. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: Bachelor’s degree and experience in a financial or clerical role are preferable, but not required.
Other preferred skills: Ability to flourish in a team management system and enjoys working with a cohesive team. Competent use of Microsoft Office Suite including: Word, Excel, and Outlook. Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills are required. Attention to detail is key to success in this role.